Chicken tenders coated in a crispy almond batter.
- ½ cup almond flour or whole wheat flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk or buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups sliced almonds, crushed
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher or sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- ½ teaspoon onion powder, divided
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, divided (optional)
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Fit a wire rack inside a baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Set up 3 bowls: one with flour, one with beaten egg, Dijon and milk and one with crushed almonds. Divide the salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper (if using) among the three bowls. Stir each to combine.
- Working one at a time, dip chicken tenders into the flour, then the egg mixture, then the crushed almonds and line on the prepared wire rack. Coat each with cooking spray. Bake 10-15 minutes or until chicken tenders are firm. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 365
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 450mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 16g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 43g
- Cholesterol: 159mg
Keywords: chicken, chicken tenders, almond, low carb