Looking for a quick and easy appetizer to help ring in the new year?! Even though most of us are staying home this year, it’s still fun to put together a few fun appetizers and a nice dinner to help us celebrate the start of a new year.
One of my favorite simple no-cook appetizers is antipasto skewers with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, prosciutto, artichokes, kalamata olives and fresh basil. This version is brushed with a simple vinaigrette dressing to give it a little extra somethin-somethin.
And not only do these mini skewers taste absolutely delicious, but they pack a punch of nutrition as well with some heart-healthy fats and fiber.
I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for 2021!Print
- Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 10-15 mins
- Yield: Makes 12 mini skewers 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Italian
Mini skewers of prosciutto, mozzarella, tomatoes, artichokes and kalamata olives with an easy red wine vinaigrette.
- 2 ounces smoked ham or prosciutto, torn into 12 pieces
- 12-ounce jar marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained, chopped into 12 pieces
- 4 ounces mini fresh mozzarella balls (Ciliegine)
- ½-pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 12 small basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Thread a piece of ham or prosciutto, a mini mozzarella ball, a quartered artichoke heart, a cherry or grape tomato, a kalamata olive and a basil leaf on each mini appetizer skewer. Line them on a serving platter or tray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oregano, black pepper and olive oil. Brush dressing on the skewers. Serve.
Cooking Tip: Marinate the mozzarella in the dressing before assembling the skewers. Brush the leftover marinade on the skewers as directed.
- Serving Size: 1 mini skewer
- Calories: 105
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 323mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
Keywords: skewers, antipasto, appetizer