Tender bran muffins with chunks of apples and loads of cinnamon.
- 1 cup crushed bran cereal
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ⅓ cup oil or applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium honeycrisp apple, minced or grated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together crushed bran cereal, oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt until combined.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer set on medium to beat together the oil or applesauce, eggs and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the yogurt, milk and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Use a spatula to fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, just until combined. Fold in the minced or grated apple just until combined.
- Use a cookie scoop or measuring cup to fill the muffin cups ¾ of the way full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until just set.
- Let cool, then enjoy.
Baking Tip: Don’t overmix the muffin batter or the muffins will become tough and dry. Just mix until the ingredients are incorporated.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 163
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 188mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
Keywords: muffin, muffins, baked goods, apple, bran, plant-based