I’m not sure there’s a simpler or more delicious side dish than crispy baked sweet potato wedges with a spicy dipping sauce. And, I am certain this is one of the funnest ways to eat nutrient-packed sweet potatoes!
Sweet potatoes are filled with vitamin A and C, potassium, B vitamins and vitamin E. They are also a great source of fiber, which is important for heart health and digestion. You may notice in the recipe that I don’t suggest peeling the sweet potatoes before cooking them, and that’s because the skins have an abundance of nutrients and fiber – plus, skipping that step makes for quicker and easier prep! It’s a win-win situation.
The other thing I love about this recipe is that it only calls for a few ingredients – sweet potatoes, oil and salt. And if you make the dipping sauce, you just need a little mayo (you could also try it with plain Greek yogurt or a mixture of both), a can of chipotle chilis in adobo sauce and a clove of garlic. Six ingredients and easy prep = a plate of crispy wedges that’ll disappear in no-time!
Crispy sweet potatoes roasted in the oven, served with chipotle dipping sauce.
Sweet Potato Wedges:
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2–3 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle chilies)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place sweet potato wedges on the prepared baking sheet and toss with oil and salt. Roast 15-20 minutes, flipping them over halfway, until caramelized and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, adobo sauce and garlic (if using) until combined. Serve immediately with sweet potato wedges.
Cooking Tip: For extra crispy sweet potato wedges, broil them on the middle rack for 2-3 minutes once done baking.
Make it a Meal: Serve with Chili-Rubbed Pork Chops with Sauteed Greens.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 211mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
Keywords: sweet potato, sweet potatoes, potatoes, side dish