An easy grilled salmon recipe with homemade blackened seasoning.
- ½ tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 4-ounce filets fresh salmon, skin-on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- In a small bowl, stir together the blackened seasoning ingredients until combined.
- Brush the salmon filets with the olive oil. Generously coat each filet with the blackened seasoning.
- Once the grill is hot, place the salmon filets on the grill, skin side down. Grill 3-4 minutes, then flip and grill another 3-4 minutes or until the salmon filets start to flake when gently pressed with the back of a fork.
- Remove from the grill and serve immediately.
Substitution Tip: Try this recipe with any white fish.
- Serving Size: 1 filet
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 348mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 15g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 23g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
Keywords: grilling, grill, grilled, salmon, fish, blackened, southern