Easy maple ginger homemade pancakes served with blackberries.
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat pastry flour*
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves or allspice
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Maple syrup and blackberries, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, flax seed, cinnamon, ginger, cloves or allspice, baking powder, baking soda and salt until combined.
- To the bowl, add the milk, maple syrup or molasses, eggs, ginger and vanilla extract and whisk until combined (small lumps are okay).
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Working in batches, coat the pan with cooking spray and use a ¼ cup measuring cup to spoon pancakes into the skillet, leaving a space of about 1-inch between them. Once the pancakes start to bubble, flip and cook another minute or two, until set.
- Serve pancakes with maple syrup and blackberries.
Substitution Tip: Use whole wheat, all-purpose or gluten free all-purpose flour (or a combination).
- Serving Size: 3 pancakes
- Calories: 289
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 322mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
Keywords: breakfast, pancakes, holiday