A simple raw salad with Brussels sprouts, apples, dried cranberries, pomegranates and walnuts.
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¾ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1-pound fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded
- 1 medium honey crisp apple, cored and diced
- ½ cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, Dijon, salt and black pepper. Whisk in the olive oil until emulsified.
- Heat a small skillet to medium heat. Add the walnuts and toast for about 60 seconds or until fragrant, tossing frequently. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, apple, dried cranberries and walnuts to the bowl with the dressing and toss to coat. Top with the pomegranate arils and feta. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
Preparation Tip: To shred Brussels sprouts quickly, send them through a food processor fitted with the shredding attachment.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 130mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
Keywords: holiday, salad, Brussels sprouts, side dish