Easy Parmesan polenta with sauteed garlic shrimp and greens.
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup low fat milk
- 1 cup instant polenta
- ¾ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-pound large (16-20) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, patted dry
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2–3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- Pour the water and milk into a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Whisk in the polenta and cook 2-3 minutes or until thickened, whisking constantly. Remove from the heat and whisk in the salt, olive oil and Parmesan cheese. If the polenta is too thick, whisk in a bit more water until desired consistency is reached. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Scoop into bowls.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil to medium. Add the shrimp, season with half of the salt and black pepper and cook 1-2 minutes per side or until the tails are slightly curled and the shrimp is opaque. Transfer the shrimp into the bowls with polenta.
- To the skillet, add the spinach, garlic and the remaining salt and black pepper and sauté 30-60 seconds or until the spinach is wilted. Scoop into the bowls with the polenta and shrimp.
- Top each bowl with Parmesan and serve immediately.
Cooking Tip: When making instant polenta, follow the directions on the package. The liquid:polenta ratio may be slightly different depending on the brand.
- Serving Size: 1/4
- Calories: 328
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 506mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 33g
- Cholesterol: 191mg
Keywords: polenta, shrimp, cheesy, Parmesan, seafood, dinner