Easy grilled kabobs with chicken sausage, pineapple and bell peppers and a sweet and spicy pineapple glaze.
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- ½ Tbsp. Sriracha
- ½ Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 lb. chicken sausage, cut into ½ inch rounds
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- ½ medium pineapple, cleaned and cubed (about 4 cups)
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan, whisk together pineapple juice, honey, soy sauce, Sriracha and cornstarch until thoroughly mixed. Bring the mixture to a simmer, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Thread pieces of chicken sausage, cubed bell peppers and cubed pineapple on the soaked skewers. Use a kitchen brush to evenly coat kabobs with oil. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium heat. Add kabobs and grill 1-2 minutes per side or until lightly grilled. As it grills, brush with pineapple sauce. If there is leftover pineapple sauce, serve it as a dipping sauce.
Cooking Tips: Cut the chicken sausage, pineapple and bell peppers in similar-size pieces so they cook evenly.
Substitution Tips: Try any meat, such as chicken breast or lean steak, or skip the meat altogether and add more veggies.
- Serving Size: 1 kabob
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 434mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
Keywords: kabobs, chicken sausage, sausage, pineapple, bell peppers