Chickpea salad with creamy curry lime sauce stuffed in crisp lettuce cups.
- ⅓ cup plain yogurt (Greek or regular)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Zest and juice of 1 medium lime
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium stalks celery, diced
- ½ medium jalapeno, seeded and minced
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, divided
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, chopped, divided
- 2 heads Bibb or Boston lettuce
- ¼ cup roasted cashews, chopped
- In a large glass bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- To the bowl, add the chickpeas, celery, jalapeno, raisins, half of the scallions and half of the cilantro. Fold to combine. Optional: refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Spoon chickpea salad into the lettuce cups and top with the remaining scallions, cilantro and roasted cashews. Serve.
Cooking Tip: For a meaty version, try with diced or shredded cooked chicken.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 280
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 179mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 12g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
Keywords: chickpeas, garbanzo beans, vegetarian, curry