One of my favorite easy chocolatey treats to enjoy on Valentine’s Day are dark chocolate-covered strawberries.
They’re so easy to make and are much less expensive to whip up than buying pre-made.
Plus, it’s a fun activity to do with your loved ones!
They also only require a few simple ingredients
- Dark chocolate chips, chunks or a bar cut into pieces, melted
- Coconut oil to help the chocolate harden
- Strawberries, obviously!
- Sprinkles, if you want to spice them up
How to make them
- Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl on high in 30 second increments. Stir in between increments and continue to microwave until the chocolate and coconut oil are fully melted.
- Dip each strawberry into the chocolate mixture, then line on parchment paper and let dry and harden
- Store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Easy peasy and such a fabulous, nutritious and chocolatey treat!
And if you’re in the mood for chocolate cake, check out my recipe for Dark Chocolate Mug Cake!Print
Melted dark chocolate-coated strawberries. An easy special treat!
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 12 fresh strawberries
- Red and pink sprinkles (optional)
- Place the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a microwaveable-safe bowl. Microwave on high in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until chocolate and coconut oil is melted.
- Dip each strawberry into the chocolate mixture and line on parchment paper. Sprinkle with sprinkles (if using).
- Let harden for 2-3 hours, then serve. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Cooking Tip: The coconut oil helps the coconut harden.
- Serving Size: 1 strawberry
- Calories: 49
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 0mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 0g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
Keywords: chocolate, dark chocolate, treat, dessert