A personal dark chocolate cake that cooks in 60 seconds in the microwave!
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch kosher or sea salt
- 3 tablespoons milk*
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 egg white
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts (optional), divided
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk in the milk, oil, egg white and vanilla extract until combined. Fold in half the dark chocolate chips and walnuts (if using).
- Coat a coffee mug with cooking spray. Pour the batter into the mug. Top with the rest of the dark chocolate chips and walnuts (if using). Microwave on high 45-60 seconds or until set. Serve immediately.
Substitution Tips: Use all-purpose, whole wheat, oat or gluten free flour. Use any milk.
Serving Tip: Split the cake in half and microwave in 2 mugs (30-45 seconds or until set). Serve each with a scoop of frozen yogurt and share!
- Serving Size: 1 mug cake
- Calories: 374
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 287mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 15g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 13g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: cake, chocolate, chocolate cake, mug cake, Valentine's day, dessert