Mini dark chocolate truffles with coconut milk and vanilla rolled in crushed walnuts.
- ½ cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 8 ounces dark chocolate chips or chunks
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher or sea salt
- ¼ cup finely crushed walnuts
- Vigorously shake the closed can until it’s thoroughly mixed. Measure ½ cup of coconut milk and transfer to a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a low boil, then transfer to a medium glass mixing bowl. Add the chocolate chips or chunks and whisk until smooth. Add the vanilla and salt and whisk until combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Use a mini cookie scoop to scoop out the mixture. Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Pour the crushed walnuts into one layer on a plate. Roll each truffle in the crushed walnuts. Line on a parchment-lined plate and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Storage Tip: Store leftover truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 month.
- Serving Size: 1 truffle
- Calories: 69
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 4mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: chocolate, dark chocolate, treat, dessert, valentine's day