- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- Zest and juice of 1 medium lemon
- 4–5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¾ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- In a large glass bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, lemon, garlic, ginger, garam masala, cumin, paprika, turmeric and salt. Add the chicken cubes and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Place 6 long wooden skewers in a dish filled with water for 30 minutes. Thread the marinated chicken onto the soaked skewers.
- Preheat the grill or heat a grill pan to medium heat. Brush with the oil. Grill the skewers 2-3 minutes per side or until an instant read thermometer reads 160 degrees F when inserted into the center of the chicken cubes.
- Sprinkle skewers with cilantro and serve immediately.
Cooking Tip: The longer the chicken marinades, the more flavor it will have. Cook within 2 days of marinating, though.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 448mg
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 24g
- Cholesterol: 103mg
Keywords: tikka, chicken, chicken thighs, global