Grilled zucchini, tomatoes and kalamata olives atop a fluffy grilled flatbread with boursin and mozzarella cheeses.
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into ½ inch rounds
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 pieces whole grain flatbread, pita or naan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces boursin cheese
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sliced kalamata olives (optional)
- ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the grill to medium heat (350 degrees F).
- Brush the zucchini rounds with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Grill 1-2 minutes per side or until the zucchini is slightly soft and has grill marks. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Brush the flatbreads with olive oil on one side and place them face down on the grill. Grill 1 minute per side or until grill marks appear. Remove from the grill.
- Build the flatbread pizzas by spreading the boursin cheese on the side of the flatbread that was brushed with olive oil. Then top with the grilled zucchini pieces, tomatoes, red onion, kalamata olives (if using) and mozzarella cheese. Carefully place the pizzas back on the grill with the lid closed and cook 3-4 minutes or until the mozzarella is melted. Slice and serve immediately.
Substitution Tip: Make it vegan by using hummus instead of boursin cheese and omit the mozzarella or use vegan cheese.
- Serving Size: 1 flatbread
- Calories: 331
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 485mg
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
Keywords: Mediterranean, flatbread, pizza, pizzas, vegetarian, plant-based