Sauteed green beans with toasted almonds, lemon zest and garlic.
- 1-pound green beans, trimmed
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium shallot or ¼ medium yellow onion, peeled and minced
- 2–3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- Zest of 1 medium lemon
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook 3-4 minutes or until slightly soft. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add the almonds and toast 30-60 seconds, shaking the skillet as they toast. Remove the almonds and place on a plate. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil to the pan. Once it’s hot, add the shallot or onion and garlic and sauté 30-60 seconds or until fragrant. Add the green beans and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon zest, salt and black pepper. Stir in the toasted almonds.
- Transfer to a platter and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1/6
- Calories: 101
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 152mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: thanksgiving, holiday, side dish, sides