Summer is in full swing and I am loving all of the grilling recipes! One of my latest faves is this recipe for grilled Caesar chicken breasts. The dressing/marinade is full of flavor and makes for the juiciest chicken breasts, ever!
I like to serve them with a big romaine salad with kalamata olives, tomato and cucumber or they pair well with a number of my summer salad recipes (see below for suggestions!). Let’s get grilling!
How to make a healthier Caesar dressing/marinade:
- No it’s not traditional, but we’re making our Caesar dressing eggless and the base is extra-virgin olive oil.
- You start with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and whisk in freshly grated Parmesan, fresh lemon juice, red wine vinegar and Dijon.
- Next comes a teaspoon of anchovy paste or minced anchovies. I find the paste much easier to work with and it last a few months in the refrigerator.
- Then, whisk in salt and lots of black pepper and voila! An easy Caesar marinade.
- Grab a pound and a half of boneless skinless chicken breasts and toss them in the marinade, then stick them in the fridge for an hour or so.
How to grill chicken breasts to perfection
- Preheat the grill to medium heat (about 350 degrees F). You can also use a grill pan on the stove set to medium heat.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade and discard the excess marinade (since it’s been sitting with raw chicken, it cannot be used for anything else).
- Brush the grill or grill pan with olive oil, then throw the chicken breasts on there and cook 5-7 minutes per side. Use an instant-read thermometer to tell you if the chicken breasts are done or not. They should be cooked to 165 degrees F to be safely consumed.
- Transfer them to a plate or cutting board and let them rest for 5 minutes. This will allow the juices to redistribute. If you were to cut into them immediately, you’d lose quite a bit of moisture.
- Once they’re sliced, serve with your favorite salad! Yum!
Easy grilled Caesar marinated chicken breasts to go with your favorite summer side dishes.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Zest and juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste or ½ anchovy, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 ½ pounds (or 6 3-4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the Caesar dressing ingredients until combined. Add the chicken breasts and toss to coat. Place a lid on the bowl and marinade at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the grill or a grill pan to medium heat.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade and discard the excess marinade. Season both sides of the chicken breast with the salt and black pepper.
- Brush the grill or grill pan with olive oil. Place the chicken breasts on the grill or grill pan and cook 5-7 minutes per side, or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the center reaches 165 degrees F. Remove the chicken breasts from the grill and place on a plate or cutting board. Let sit 5 minutes, then slice and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 209
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 377mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 36g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
Keywords: Caesar, grilling, grilled, grill, summer