Simple grilled flank steak rubbed with olive oil, rosemary and garlic.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 ½ pounds flank steak, trimmed
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill or grill pan to medium.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, rosemary, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes (if using). Brush the mixture onto the both sides of the flank steak, then season with salt and black pepper.
- Place on the grill or grill pan and cook until a lightly browned crust forms, then flip and cook until the crust has formed on the other side, about 2-3 minutes each. Turn the heat down on the grill to medium-low and cook an additional 5-6 minutes or until desired doneness is reached.
- Remove from the grill and place on a heat safe cutting board. Let sit 5-10 minutes, then thinly slice and serve.
Cooking Tip: Allowing the steak to rest 5-10 minutes after cooking helps redistribute the juices. If you were to cut into it right away, the juices will run out, but if you let it rest, the juices will absorb back into the steak, resulting in a tender, juicier product.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 154mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 24g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
Keywords: rosemary, grilled, grilling, steak, flank steak, beef, summer