Harvest Chicken Salad
I simply adore chicken salad. It’s simple to make, it’s refreshing and it can be served in so many different ways that it never, ever gets boring.
In this fall-inspired version, I use walnuts or pecans, unsweetened dried cranberries, honeycrisp apples, celery and shredded rotisserie chicken. There are so many ways to use rotisserie chicken in quick meals like this one, and generally one rotisserie chicken goes a long way in making several meals!
The dressing for this chicken salad is made with plain yogurt, a little mayonnaise, honey, Dijon and a pinch of salt and black pepper. It has just the right amount of creaminess, tanginess, sweetness and that punch from the Dijon mustard. You can easily use this dressing for so many other salads and recipes.
My favorite way to serve this chicken salad is in Bibb lettuce cups, on whole wheat bread or with whole grain crackers. It sure makes for an exciting desk lunch!Print
Harvest Chicken Salad
- Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 10-15 mins
- Yield: Serves 6 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
Chicken salad made with apples, celery, walnuts and dried cranberries.
- ¼ cup plain yogurt (Greek or regular)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 medium Granny smith apple, diced
- 2 medium stalks celery, diced
- ½ cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, honey, salt and black pepper until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- To the bowl, add the chicken, apple, celery, cranberries and pecans or walnuts and stir to combine. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Serve on lettuce cups, a salad or whole grain bread.
Cooking Tip: Use the chicken breasts from a cooked rotisserie chicken for easy meal prep.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 359mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 26g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
Keywords: chicken, chicken salad, salad, fall