Chicken salad made with apples, celery, walnuts and dried cranberries.
- ¼ cup plain yogurt (Greek or regular)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 medium Granny smith apple, diced
- 2 medium stalks celery, diced
- ½ cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, honey, salt and black pepper until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- To the bowl, add the chicken, apple, celery, cranberries and pecans or walnuts and stir to combine. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Serve on lettuce cups, a salad or whole grain bread.
Cooking Tip: Use the chicken breasts from a cooked rotisserie chicken for easy meal prep.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 359mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 26g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
Keywords: chicken, chicken salad, salad, fall