An easy 3-ingredient recipe for sauteed lemon pepper cod.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-pound cod filets, skin-on or skins removed
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ medium lemon, cut into wedges
- Heat the olive oil to medium-high heat in a large non-stick skillet.
- Pat the cod filets dry with paper towel. Add the filets to the hot oil and season with half of the salt and black pepper. Cook until the filets are lightly browned on the bottom edges, about 2 minutes.
- Flip the filets using a spatula and season the other side with the remaining salt and black pepper. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes or until the filets start to flake apart.
- Transfer the cod filets to a plate and squeeze with fresh lemon juice. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 3-4 ounce filet
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 187mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 21g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
Keywords: fish, seafood, cod, heart health