Rotini, broccoli, red onion and sunflower seeds tossed in a creamy yogurt lemon dressing.
- 8 ounces whole grain or veggie rotini
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 medium lemon
- ¾ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 medium head broccoli, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- ½ red onion, peeled and minced
- ½ cup sliced almonds or roasted sunflower seeds, divided
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook rotini according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large glass bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, lemon zest and juice and salt. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
- Add the cooked cooled pasta, broccoli, red onion and half of the almonds or sunflower seeds to the bowl and toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the remaining almonds or sunflower seeds. Serve.
Cooking Tip: Add a protein to make it a meal! This goes well with grilled chicken or salmon.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 151mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
Keywords: pasta salad, salad, side dish