An easy sweet and salty 5-ingredient side dish.
- 2 medium acorn squash, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch kosher or sea salt
- Pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the acorn squash cut side up in a baking dish. Brush with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Roast 40-50 minutes or until squash is soft. Turn the oven to a broil.
- Brush with the maple syrup and broil 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
Storage Tip: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven until heated through.
- Serving Size: 1 half
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 25mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: squash, acorn squash, side dish, vegetarian, vegan