Easy layered mason jar salads that are customizable, nutritious and quick to make!
- Zest and juice of 2 medium oranges (about ⅓ cup)*
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ½ cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- 2 medium oranges, segmented*
- 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa
- 8 cups greens (kale, spinach, mixed greens, spring mix, butter lettuce, romaine)
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until incorporated. Equally distribute the dressing into 6 large quart-size mason jars.
- Evenly distribute and layer the dried cranberries, almonds, orange segments, quinoa and greens (in that order) into the jars (on top of the dressing). Secure the lids on top and refrigerate up to 3 days.
- When ready to eat, pour the jar into a large bowl and enjoy immediately.
*Orange Tip: Use the whole orange! Zest it, then peel it with a paring knife, segment it, then juice it. Use the zest and juice for the dressing and the segments for the salad.
Substitution Tip: See the blog post above to read all of my suggestions for substitutions and alterations!
- Serving Size: 1 jar salad
- Calories: 356
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 112mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 17g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: mason jar, salad, salads, new year