A simple egg bake that’s filled with sauteed mushrooms, kale and garlic.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms, cleaned
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 3–4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt or cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9-inch pie plate or baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil to medium heat. Add the mushrooms and kale and cook 10-15 minutes or until kale is wilted and the mushrooms are caramelized. Stir in the garlic and sauté another 30-60 seconds or until fragrant.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, Greek yogurt or cottage cheese, Dijon, balsamic vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Transfer the egg mixture to the prepared pie plate or baking dish. Spoon the mushroom kale mixture into the egg mixture and distribute evenly using a fork. Top with the shredded cheddar.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until egg is set. Let slightly cool, then slice into wedges and serve.
Storage Tip: Store in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or the freezer up to 2 months. Reheat in the microwave until heated through.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 199
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 401mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 15g
- Cholesterol: 259mg
Keywords: quiche, breakfast, brunch, eggs, quiche