Easy, creamy mashed potatoes with olive oil.
- 2 ½ pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup olive oil + more for garnish
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cubed potatoes into the boiling water. Cook 9-12 minutes or until the potatoes are very tender. Drain the water.
- Add the milk, olive oil, salt and black pepper to the pot with the potatoes. Use a hand mixer to mashed the potatoes until very creamy, adding additional milk if needed.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary. Transfer the mashed potatoes to a serving bowl and drizzle with additional olive oil, if desired.
Cooking Tip: Add a few cloves of mashed roasted garlic to elevate these mashed potatoes.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 174
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 248mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
Keywords: potato, potatoes, holiday, side dish