Nothing beats a cold, refreshing smoothie! I like to whip these up for breakfast on-the-go or for a quick snack if I haven’t consumed enough fruits or veggies for the day. They’re delicious, sweet and nutritious – what more could you ask for?!
There are so many different variations of this smoothie. Here are my favorite swaps:
- Peaches: Try with mango or pineapple.
- Blueberries: Try with strawberries, blackberries or raspberries.
- Banana: Leave it out or try the smoothie with a few dates to add natural sweetness
- Yogurt: I use Greek for a bit more protein and a richer smoothie, and you can use whatever variety you like. Use plant-based or dairy free, if needed.
- Milk: Use cow’s, almond, coconut, rice, cashew, soy or whatever your favorite milk choice is. I like to use unsweetened vanilla soy milk.
- Sweetener: You don’t have to add any, but if you want to, you can add a few drops of honey or maple syrup or use stevia or monkfruit powders to provide natural zero calorie sweetness.
- Add-ins: For a higher protein smoothie, add a scoop or two of unflavored or vanilla protein powder. For natural sweetness and to thicken the smoothie, add a pitted date or two. Add a few tablespoons of nuts for a nutty flavor and a boost of healthy fats. Add some avocado for creamy richness.
Mix and match to make yummy smoothies, any time!Print
Peaches, blueberries and banana make this creamy yogurt smoothie sweet and delicious.
- 1 medium ripe banana, peeled and frozen
- ¾ cup frozen peach slices
- ¾ cup frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- Place the banana, peaches, blueberries, Greek yogurt, milk and honey (if using) in the pitcher of a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
For a higher protein smoothie: Add a scoop or two of your favorite unflavored or vanilla protein powder.
Substitution Tip: Try mango or pineapple instead of peaches and strawberries, blackberries or raspberries instead of blueberries.
- Serving Size: 2 smoothies
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 85mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
Keywords: smoothie, smoothies, breakfast, snack, brunch, berries