Guacamole is always a hit at any party.
The fabulous flavors and textures of creamy avocado, zippy red onion and jalapeno, herby cilantro and garlic with salty tortilla chips will win over any guest.
This version is all of those things, plus a festive topping that is beautiful AND nutritious! POMEGRANATES!
These beautiful arils come from the fruit of a pomegranate, which is in season in the wintertime, from December to March (ish). You can purchase a whole pomegranate and seed it yourself, or purchase arils that come in a cup, already seeded and ready-to-eat.
They make a fabulous garnish for guacamole, as the sweetness and color go so well with traditional guacamole.
(P.S. I’m also a fan of tossing chopped mango or peaches on guacamole in the summertime!)
Now tell me – would you try adding pomegranate to your guacamole?!Print
- Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 10-15 mins
- Yield: Serves 8 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No-Cook
Classic guacamole topped with jewels of pomegranate.
- 5 medium ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- ½ medium jalapeno, stemmed and finely minced
- ¼ medium red onion, peeled and finely minced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- Zest and juice of 2 medium limes
- 1 ¼ teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- Tortilla chips and crudites, for serving
- Place the avocados in a large glass bowl and mash with the back of a fork. Stir in the jalapeno, red onion, cilantro, garlic, lime zest and juice, salt and black pepper until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Stir, then taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Top with pomegranate arils and serve with tortilla chips and crudites.
Storage Tip: Store leftover guacamole in an airtight container with a thin layer of water on top. When you’re ready to eat it, drain the water off and stir it.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 186mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: guacamole, avocado, appetizer, snack