Classic guacamole topped with jewels of pomegranate.
- 5 medium ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- ½ medium jalapeno, stemmed and finely minced
- ¼ medium red onion, peeled and finely minced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- Zest and juice of 2 medium limes
- 1 ¼ teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- Tortilla chips and crudites, for serving
- Place the avocados in a large glass bowl and mash with the back of a fork. Stir in the jalapeno, red onion, cilantro, garlic, lime zest and juice, salt and black pepper until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Stir, then taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Top with pomegranate arils and serve with tortilla chips and crudites.
Storage Tip: Store leftover guacamole in an airtight container with a thin layer of water on top. When you’re ready to eat it, drain the water off and stir it.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 186mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: guacamole, avocado, appetizer, snack