Easy homemade hummus with roasted red peppers.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup chopped roasted red peppers, divided
- ¼ cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- Zest and juice of 1-2 medium lemons
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- Pita chips and raw vegetables, for serving
- In a food processor, combine the garbanzo beans, ½ cup chopped roasted red peppers, tahini, garlic, lemon zest and juice, salt and black pepper. Place the lid on the food processor and slowly drizzle in the olive oil as it purees on low speed, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary, until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with remaining ¼ cup roasted red peppers. Serve with pita chips and vegetables.
Substitution Tip: Chickpeas and garbanzo beans are the same thing; use them interchangeably.
- Serving Size: 1/12 of recipe
- Calories: 228
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 60mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 16g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: hummus, roasted red peppers, snack, plant-based, vegan