Today I’m coming at you with an absolutely fantastic recipe for juicy, flavorful salmon burgers. There is simply no better way to get a hearty dose of omega-3s, in my opinion!
This recipe is meal prep friendly, can be made year-round, can be served up a million different ways and… they’re super easy to make.
I like to use fresh salmon when it’s available, and using the food processor to make the patties with shallot, dill, Dijon and lemon makes them come together quickly and makes them taste SO GOOD. If you don’t have fresh salmon, you can always use canned or pouched tuna – simply toss all the ingredients together in a bowl and stir until combined. You can cook them on the stove in a bit of olive oil, roast them in the oven or you could use a grill mat or basket and make them on a grill – yum!
I like to serve them with a big salad filled with tomatoes, cucumbers, olives and chickpeas, but they also taste amazing on a rice bowl, on a bun with burger fixins’, in lettuce wraps or make them mini and serve as an appetizer. So many delicious ways to enjoy these omega-3-packed burgers!Print
Simple salmon burgers with Dijon, dill and lemon.
- ½ small shallot, peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill sprigs or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1-pound fresh salmon, skins removed
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Zest and juice of ½ medium lemon
- ¾ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place the shallot and dill in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until chopped. Add the salmon, breadcrumbs, Dijon, lemon zest and juice, salt and black pepper to the bowl and pulse until a chunky paste is formed. Form into 4 equal-sized patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet to medium heat. Add the patties and cook 2-3 minutes per side or until a brown crust has formed and the internal temperature of the burgers reach 145 degrees. Remove and serve.
Cooking Tip: The salmon burgers can be cooked in the oven on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
Make it a Meal: Serve with a green salad or roasted/grilled vegetables and in lettuce cups or on a bun.
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 291
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 368mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 15g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 26g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
Keywords: salmon, salmon burgers, burger, burgers, fish, seafood