A simple appetizer featuring crispy toast smothered with cream cheese, smoked salmon, fresh dill and freshly cracked black pepper.
- 1 whole grain baguette, sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces Neufchatel cheese (low fat cream cheese), room temperature
- 6 ounces (⅔ cup) plain Greek yogurt
- Zest and juice of ½ medium lemon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line the baguette rounds on a baking sheet. Brush each with olive oil. Bake 7-8 minutes or until lightly crispy. Let cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the Neufchatel cheese until creamy. Add the Greek yogurt, lemon zest and juice and salt until creamy.
- Spread the creamy cheese mixture on each baguette. Top each with smoked salmon and top with fresh dill and freshly cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.
Substitution Tip: Swap the cream cheese for goat cheese for a tangier spread. Add capers for something briny.
- Serving Size: 1 toast
- Calories: 95
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 341mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
Keywords: appetizer, holiday, snack, salmon