A flavorful frittata with zucchini, summer squash and cheddar cheese.
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¾ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 small zucchinis, shredded
- 1 small summer squash, shredded
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ small shallot, peeled and minced
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, Greek yogurt, Dijon, salt, and black pepper until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Place the zucchini and summer squash in a kitchen towel and squeeze the water from it over a bowl. Discard the water. Set aside.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat olive oil to medium-low heat. Add the shallot and sauté 2-3 minutes or until soft. Add the shredded zucchini and summer squash and sauté an additional 2-3 minutes or until slightly soft.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and gently stir to incorporate the zucchini throughout the eggs. Top with cheddar cheese. Cook on medium-low heat until the sides of the frittata start to set. Transfer to the oven and cook 15-20 minutes or until set.
- Let slightly cool, then slice into wedges.
Cooking Tip: Oven cooking time will vary depending on how long you cook the frittata on the stove.
Make it a Meal: Serve with a cup of fruit or a green salad.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 264
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 493mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 19g
- Cholesterol: 388mg
Keywords: frittata, omelet, summer, zucchini, summer squash, vegetarian