Easy sweet potato hash with fried eggs, perfect for breakfast meal prep.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large sweet potatoes, skins on, washed and diced
- ½ medium sweet onion, peeled and thinly sliced or diced
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach or chopped kale
- ¾ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet to medium heat. Add the sweet potatoes and cook 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly crispy on the outside. Add the onion and cook another 2-3 minutes or until slightly soft. Stir in the greens and garlic and cook another 2-3 minutes or until greens are wilted. Season with salt, black pepper and smoked paprika (if using). Divide the hash into 4 bowls.
- Crack 4 eggs into the same pan and season with salt and black pepper. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 1-2 minutes or until white is set and yolk is runny. Serve an egg with each bowl of sweet potato hash.
Meal Prep Tip: Divide hash with eggs into 4 glass containers and refrigerate up to 5 days. To reheat, microwave on high about 1 minute or until heated through.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 255
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 335mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 185mg
Keywords: hash, breakfast, eggs, sweet potato, vegetarian