Sweet potato fritters with fresh ginger, cinnamon and cayenne.
Sweet Potato Fritters:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and grated
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oil
Yogurt Sriracha Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- ½ tablespoon honey
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir until combined.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet to medium heat. Working in batches, use 2 spoons to scoop and push dollops of the sweet potato mixture into the hot oil, spacing them at least 1 inch apart. Use the back the spoon to slightly flatten each fritter. Cook 2-3 minutes or until the bottom of the fritter is lightly browned, then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes, until the fritter is set.
- Transfer fritters to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, Sriracha and honey.
- Serve the fritters with the yogurt Sriracha sauce.
Serving Idea: Serve fritters with over-easy eggs for a quick breakfast.
Prep Tip: Use a food processor or cheese grater to shred the sweet potatoes.
- Serving Size: 2 fritters
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 245mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
Keywords: fritters, side dish, sweet potatoes, ginger, cinnamon, vegetarian, vegan