A simple parsley, bulgur, cucumber and tomato salad with olive oil and fresh lemon.
- ¾ cup bulgur (cracked wheat)
- 1 medium English cucumber, diced
- 1 medium Roma tomato, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 large bunch curly parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare the bulgur according to package directions. Fluff with a fork, transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until cooled.
- Once the bulgur is cooled, add the cucumber, tomato, garlic, parsley, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, salt and black pepper and stir until combined. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
How to Cook Bulgur: Bring a few cups of water to a boil; remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the bulgur and cover with a lid. Let sit 30 minutes. Drain off any excess water. Fluff with a fork.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 108
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 194mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: salad, side dish, tabbouleh, plant-based, vegan