Easy chilled soup made with tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, basil and lemon.
- 2 pounds Roma tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ½ medium Vidalia or sweet onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 medium English cucumber, cut into 2-inch sections
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored and seeded and cut into 2-inch sections
- ½ medium jalapeno, halved and seeded (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons pesto, for garnish (optional)
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and diced, for garnish (optional)
- Freshly cracked black pepper, for garnish
- Place all ingredients, except the avocado, in the pitcher of a blender and puree until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Transfer to a bowl with a lid and refrigerate 30-60 minutes. Pour into bowls and top with diced avocado (if using), swirls of pesto (if using) and freshly cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.
Make it a Meal: Serve with Grilled Pesto Salmon or Grilled White Fish with Pineapple Salsa.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 144
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 220mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: gazpacho, soup, summer, tomato, cucumber