Easy homemade trail mix bars with peanut butter, nuts, seeds and fruit (or chocolate)!
- 1 cup nut butter
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 4 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup roasted sunflower seeds
- ½ cup chopped shelled pistachios
- ½ cup pitted dates, chopped
- ¼ cup unsweetened dried cranberries or dark chocolate chips
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- Line an 8-inch baking dish with extra-large piece of parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the nut butter, honey and coconut oil in a microwaveable glass bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir to combine.
- Add the oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, dates, dried cranberries or chocolate chips and salt and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and press into a firm, even layer. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until form.
- Lift the bars out of the baking dish using the sides of the parchment paper and place on a cutting board. Cut into 16 bars.
- Store in an airtight container or a sealed plastic bag in the refrigerator.
Substitution Tip: Use almond butter instead of peanut butter, if desired. Use any combination of chopped nuts.
- Serving Size: 1/16 of recipe
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 88mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 14g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: trail mix bars, bars, trail mix, snack