You know what I love? A no-cook meal that is perfect for meal prep that features fresh-from-the-garden produce! That is exactly what these tuna salad-stuffed tomatoes are all about!
We have a juicy, ripe tomato stuffed with a light tuna salad featuring celery, fresh dill, lemon and Dijon mustard. YUM!
How to make tuna salad stuffed tomatoes:
- First, make the tuna salad. I like to use albacore tuna from the pouch, but you can use any kind of cooked tuna you like. Place the tuna in a bowl and stir in celery, plain Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon zest and juice and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Next, grab a knife and spoon or melon baller and remove the stem, then scoop some of the insides of the tomato out. Just enough to fit the tuna salad.
- Spoon the tuna salad into the tomato and serve! It’s as easy as that.
You can prep the tuna salad 2-3 days in advance. Prep the tomato within a day of eating. Store them in separate containers and stuff the tomato just before eating.
You can also serve the tuna salad on whole grain bread or toast, in lettuce cups or with whole grain crackers. Or, just eat it with a fork! It’s delicious.
Now tell me – what are some of your favorite no-cook summer meals?Print
Simple high protein tuna salad stuffed in a fresh, juicy tomato.
- 2 5-ounce cans albacore tuna, drained
- 2 medium stalks celery, diced
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- In a medium bowl, stir together the tuna, celery, Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, Dijon, lemon zest and juice, salt and black pepper until combined.
- Use a paring knife to cut the core and a small amount of flesh from the top of the tomato; discard.
- Stuff the tuna salad into the tomatoes. Top with fresh dill.
Prep Tip: Make the tuna salad up to 2 days in advance and stuff in the tomatoes just before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 267
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 447mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 39g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
Keywords: tuna, tuna salad, salad, tomato, tomatoes