Simple high protein tuna salad stuffed in a fresh, juicy tomato.
- 2 5-ounce cans albacore tuna, drained
- 2 medium stalks celery, diced
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- In a medium bowl, stir together the tuna, celery, Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, Dijon, lemon zest and juice, salt and black pepper until combined.
- Use a paring knife to cut the core and a small amount of flesh from the top of the tomato; discard.
- Stuff the tuna salad into the tomatoes. Top with fresh dill.
Prep Tip: Make the tuna salad up to 2 days in advance and stuff in the tomatoes just before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 267
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 447mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 39g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
Keywords: tuna, tuna salad, salad, tomato, tomatoes