I’m back with another breakfast recipe!
This one is packed with protein and veggies, making it the perfect start to a busy day!
My recipe calls for spinach, bell peppers and broccoli, but the cool thing is you can use whatever combination of vegetables you want. You can also add turkey or chicken sausage for more flavor and protein.
Why do I add Greek yogurt? It adds an amazing creamy, rich texture to the egg bake, plus it adds another dose of protein. And I find if I boost my protein in the morning, it gives me energy to last through the afternoon.
My favorite thing about this recipe, beyond how yummy it is, is the fact that it’s meal prep-friendly, meaning I can bake and slice it, divvy it up in containers and heat it up for breakfast all week long. Talk about delicious convenience!
Give it a try and tell me in the comments what veggies you use in your breakfast casserole!Print
A hearty breakfast casserole that is loaded with veggies and perfect for meal prep.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium bell peppers, diced
- ½ small head broccoli, chopped
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dry mustard powder
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil to medium. Add spinach, bell peppers and broccoli and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until slightly soft. Turn off the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, Italian seasoning, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, dry mustard and black pepper. Fold in the cooked vegetables.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and top with shredded cheese. Bake 35-40 minutes or until egg is set.
- Let cool, then slice into 8 pieces.
Cooking tip: Add ½-1 lb. cooked chicken or turkey sausage to the casserole mixture before baking.
Substitution tip: Use any combination of about 5-6 cups chopped vegetables in this recipe.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 206
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 412mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 15g
- Cholesterol: 288mg
Keywords: breakfast, brunch, breakfast casserole, breakfast bake