Looking for an easy peasy winter side dish or holiday crowd pleaser? These balsamic roasted carrots will certainly do the trick.
If you struggle to get veggies on the table in the cooler months or during the holidays, then boy do I have the recipe for you! These carrots are roasted to perfection with a little tang and a little sweet. They take less than 10 minutes of prep and just a handful of ingredients and they really will look beautiful on your holiday table. Here is how I make them:
I peel and trim whole carrots, then roast them in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Then, I season them with salt, black pepper and drizzle them with a bit of honey (however, this step is totally optional). Garnish with a little parsley and voila! You have a beautiful dish to show off to family that is only 5 or 6 ingredients. How cool is that?!Print
Easy roasted carrots with balsamic vinegar.
- 1-pound carrots, peeled, ends trimmed
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the carrots in a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Toss to coat. Roast 30-40 minutes or until just fork tender. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with parsley (if using).
Cooking Tip: Save the ends and peels of the carrots in a sealed plastic bag in the freezer and use them to make homemade broth/stock.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 94
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 218mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: carrots, veggies, vegetables, side dish, holidays