Easy roasted carrots with balsamic vinegar.
- 1-pound carrots, peeled, ends trimmed
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the carrots in a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Toss to coat. Roast 30-40 minutes or until just fork tender. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with parsley (if using).
Cooking Tip: Save the ends and peels of the carrots in a sealed plastic bag in the freezer and use them to make homemade broth/stock.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 94
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 218mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: carrots, veggies, vegetables, side dish, holidays